Japanese Self Study, any advice?

So I currently live in Japan and go to a Japanese Language school. This is my first second language and I’m not sure really if I’m supposed to be in terms of grammar for studying for four months. My issue is the courses are about four weeks and so there’s a lot of material in a short amount of time. I’ve been studying at the school for four months. So, I decided to take a break until the end of November and do self study and work with my tutor.

I know how to read and write hiragana and katakana and know a few kanji so my main focus will be grammar, kanji, and speaking. I have no issue understanding concepts when I’m sitting down reading them, but once I try to have a conversation I freeze up and totally forget everything. I’m looking at about 8/hrs a day 5 days a week (which is what I currently do) and 5 hours Saturdays and Sunday. I’ve never self studied a language before so I’m just asking on advice for a daily schedule.

This is kind of a rough draft of what I have

Conjugation drills - 1 hour Dictation and shadowing - 1.5 hours Workbook - 2.5 hours Kanji - 1 hour Vocabulary - 1 hour Material review - 1 hour

submitted by /u/CoconutsMom
[link] [comments]

from Vitaj | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2mjBvD0
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments