Is using only N -> TL cards more efficient ?

Since I've discovered anki when it comes to language learning I have been creating only such decks.

Although on various websites for learning vocabulary at the beginning only target language - native language pairs are introduced and tested and later on both TL -> N and N -> TL.

For me personally, if the writing system is the same translating to native language seemed to easy and time consuming. So to memorise top 1000-1500 most common words, cloze definition or phrases decks usually I delete half of the cards.

Should I really stick to N -> TL or I'm fooling myself and make learning process less efficient? What's your experience?

submitted by /u/art_is_love
[link] [comments]

from Aloha | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2ZSkzWU
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments