Is it problematic to be surrounded by people with a very thick foreign accent in your TL?

I speak English as a second language but consider my accent quite decent yet perhaps not perfect. Now I just started my Master at university, which means that my lecturers are speaking from now on in English, and a reasonable part of the students can't speak the local language neither, so we speak English too. But most of the lecturers happen to have a very thick French accent (some of us do too), and that is what I am going to hear on a daily basis for two years... Fortunately some also have a perfect accent, but those are rather rare.

And as I learn other foreign languages I don't have much time to listen to English language contents on the web: I do this in my other TLs.

Should I be worried about my accent eventually starting to decline?

submitted by /u/jlemonde
[link] [comments]

from Aloha | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/30CYUOd
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments