I don’t feel interested learning my language. Give me advice please

I want to learn Arabic but I feel like I’m forcing myself to learn it.

I don’t speak it because I went to a private English speaking school and my father isn’t always with me.

I hold his nationality and whenever I get asked why I don’t speak Arabic, I say I went to a private school.

I’ve been learning Arabic for 20 days and then college started.

When college started, it was full of locals who speak Arabic and English. I speak English to them because everyone seems to speak it.

When I speak Arabic, it’s broken, and I can’t understand 70% of all conversations.

If I’m not interested in learning it, do I stop forcing myself and just continue to speak English?

I also know Tagalog from my mother.

submitted by /u/Anomalistic_Username
[link] [comments]

from Aloha | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2AeIBw2
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments