How do you start to teach someone a language?

I’m about to teach someone a language (privately, not through an official organisation), but I’m unsure what the first session should look like. It’s about English.

I myself am not a Native English speaker, I am fluent now but I can’t remember how my professor back in school started it all. Do you go through the pronunciation of the letters/letter combination first? Or do you simply start with basic sentences? I don’t want to ask too much of my student in the first session already.

Any ideas? Maybe there’s someone here who has also just recently started to learn English? Or should I simply buy a book and go with the student through that book, chapter to chapter?

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/insincerely-yours
[link] [comments]

from Vitaj | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2nqklUJ
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments