Do you think it would be worth to ONLY teach english everywhere in the world?

I live in Austria so I speak german (+ the austrian dialect). Then of course came english through school (... and being addicted to the internet/video games :D ).

Now Im in my third year of having to learn French in high school and... man, does it suck. I mean, the language sounds nice and is pretty relevant, but there is no way in hell Ill memorize all the arbitrary genders for all the nouns. Who even thought that was a good idea? I mean its the same for german, but when you grow up with a language, the genders are kinda ingrained in your memory.

Thats why I think we should all just learn english and be done with it. I see some cultural value in having different languages, but Im not sure if its worth keeping that.

Also I still got the best grades out of my class in french, so its not like Im too dumb to learn a language, but when I wont ever be able to properly speak it just because I dont know that a house is somehow female and a vase is male (but in german its female)... whats the point?

submitted by /u/HiidgHdW
[link] [comments]

from Aloha | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2V7SR2N
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments