Academic writing proficiency

Hi, Reddit, please save my life. So I am highly proficient in a language of a country I live in (for 5 years) on spoken level, I can read newspapers and watch the news, however, I don't read a lot in it and I almost never write. I am planning to take a university-level course this semester. I checked to make sure I understand the lectures - most of the terms are borrowed from English and I can use a dictionary on the exam since I am a new citizen. However, I am not sure I am proficient enough (yet) to answer e.g. open questions on the exam since I make simple mistakes in writing - mostly spelling and maybe occasional sentence structure. I have half a year to prepare, what are the best methods you would advise on getting proficient in writing coherent science-related essays/answers? In my past, I used to memorize and re-write texts in English, so I was hoping there are more engaging methods. Thanks!

submitted by /u/Leighenne
[link] [comments]

from Aloha | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2AlUoZu
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments