Video games as a method to practice a language?

I've been studying German for a few years now and I'm looking for a way to practice my German after I finish the minor. A friend of a friend said that one thing that really helped his English was playing video games online with people and talking with them. I was thinking I'd try to do the same thing. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

I was also thinking that maybe playing a single player game in German that's really dialogue/story driven (the Witcher, Mass Effect, etc.) could have a similar effect because unlike tv or movies you have to actually respond too affect the outcome of certain events.

submitted by /u/tastefuldepravity
[link] [comments]

from Velkommen | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/31zFxWZ
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments