Should I learn Russian, or German?

I'd like to learn either Russian or German, and then try to learn the other afterwards. I was born and live in the United States, and have always had an interest in other countries, often, more than my own. I specifically am really interested in Germany, Russia, and England. I've made a little bit of progress between the two languages, but can't decide which one to focus on. German: I understand a little bit of beginners words, I can fully understand Du Hast by Rammstein, which is a band I'm become addicted to. In Russian, I know a tiny bit of basics, mostly swears thanks to Life of Boris.

TL;DR: I'm American and love culture from both countries, but can't decide which of the two languages to focus on first. I've made more progress with German than Russian so far.

submitted by /u/nik1_for
[link] [comments]

from Velkommen | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2MzbQCa
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments