Need help with Nepali

So I started learning Nepali about a month ago, and thought I was doing pretty well. I memorized a couple hundred words and picked up some of the grammar pretty easily.

Then I started watching Nepal Lok Star, and realized that a bunch of my pronunciation was way off. So I found a website that has audio of a native speaker saying various words, and got really confused, because his pronunciation was different from the people on Lok Star.

I'm kinda confused about this, I'm thinking this may be just from there being many dialects of Nepali, but then which one should I be basing my pronunciation on? Or which one is more common?

Any help from a Nepali speaker would be helpful, thanks.

submitted by /u/BeeCeeGreen
[link] [comments]

from Velkommen | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2Zqbyzo
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments