German v French

*All right, all right, I've read the wiki.*

Here we go again: Hi all, I need some advice on between choosing between German or French. I have also seen older posts about this and other websites on the Internet. But it seems to me that not all the information is up to date, and I would love to know what you think.

In the end, I know that it also depends on my specific set of circumstances, but I really can't decide. I've also gone to my friends, and they don't know what to tell me either. So, here's how it is rn for me:

Right now, I live in the US, where English is the main lang. In my state, the next logical choice would be to learn Spanish, but all the Spanish classes are full. I don't have any family that speaks either German or French, and I don't know many, if any, people who can fluently speak either one of the languages. Currently, my major is Econ, but I'm not quite sure about my career. I do know that Germany's GDP is higher than France's, but France has a more widespread influence. Germany has a stable government and economy, so in terms of career, I believe that would be more helpful. On the other hand, a few of my friends have learned/are learning French, so I'd have help if I decide on French. It would also be pretty cool to be able to practice with them, but I don't know/don't think they plan on becoming fluent. I like both cultures; I love French art and fashion, but I also appreciate German philosophies and work ethic. But I'm not too worried about the difficulty (I think?) or resources, since I'll be learning in a class; I just can't decide. I'm afraid of missing out on either, and I can't learn both at the same time.

submitted by /u/porcupine_joe
[link] [comments]

from Velkommen | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2Ksm1G1
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments