Which language should I take for all of highschool, French or Spanish?

Hello, so I can't decide whether to take Spanish or French. A bit of background, I am heading into grade 10, and have completed a year of Spanish and 6 years of French (Grade 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9). I only have space for one of the languages in my course selection, and I am struggling to decide which one to take. I have more experience with French, but tbh my previous teachers in elementary school were terrible, so I have a horrible foundation and I get the language less, e.g with grammar. However, I am Canadian so it is more useful here than Spanish, and if I were to complete highschool French I would get a bilingual certificate. With Spanish, although I have only done one year of it, I feel really comfortable with it, and I feel like I understand the language better, so I would have better grades in Spanish over French. However, my school's Spanish program is only three years long and so even though I would have technically completed the school's program, it would only be three years of a language. In addition to this, I intend to be in Canada after university, so for job-searching Spanish wouldn't be as good as French. So my question is, should I tank the worse marks and stick with French, a language I have spent more time in, or take Spanish for only two more years, and deal with not getting four years of a language?

submitted by /u/Hoevi
[link] [comments]

from خوش آمديد | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/3149YV0
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments