How do I learn a language with gendered nouns, when I don't speak any other language with them?

I speak two languages fluently, and neither has gendered nouns. So they're alien to me. The language I'm trying to learn is Hindi, and although I can understand it almost perfectly when spoken to, I feel insecure speaking it myself since I'm unfamiliar with gendered nouns and the conjugations that go with them. The problem is that there are a few patterns (like word-ending vowels) but different genders apply to English loan words too for seemingly no reason at all.

Can I just watch a bunch of movies and get a hold of them, since I already understand it (alongside speaking to native speakers)?

submitted by /u/ETerribleT
[link] [comments]

from B’a’ntulena | Languagelearning http://bit.ly/2ZONyGR
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments