Which of these languages should I pick next?

Hello everyone,

In advance, I know posts like this aren't allowed but since I'm in deep doubt about a pre-selected amount of languages I thought it'd be OK to post it.

I'm currently studying japanese (bit by bit due to lack of time) but intend to have reach a decent level until the end of next year. I've always been very interested in languages have started and dropped few languages because I wasnt organized enough to keep up the study.

So, as of now I speak brazilian portuguese and english and -as said above- I'll know japanese by the time I pick the next language. Also, I have notions of greek, german and romance languages overall.

Finally these are the languages I'm interested on learning:

  • Bulgarian
  • Finnish
  • Greek
  • Hawaiian
  • Icelandic
  • Maori
  • Norwegian
  • Mongolian
  • Polish
  • Sanskrit
  • Swahili

The main reason I picked those languages and not the "regular" ones (say german) is because they usually feel easy and require more memorizing of vocabulary than a challenging thought process to understand (thing that japanese brings to me). But I have to confess that I've exposed to german since I was kid so I'm kind of used to how it works. It's important to say that I excluded some language that sounded weird to me or whose scripts weren't interesting to me.

So I ask you, of those languages above which do you think that'll be the most interesting to learn? And why?

I'm very inclined to Icelandic and Finnish but I'm still uncertain.

TLDR: I want a language that is different enoguh from what I'm used to.

Thanks in advance :D

submitted by /u/crowkk
[link] [comments]

from ಸ್ವಾಗತ | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2I0zc0f
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments