What is the difference between the requirements for basic conversation level and fluency?

This is something I have always struggled with. Personally, I want to achieve somewhat of a fluency in Japanese and am working towards it. My mom, on the other hand, wants to learn Spanish, to a level where she can understand Spanish movies or hold a conversation with a native.

When i say difference, what I really wanna know is, what's the difficulty level of what you need to learn in order to achieve "basic conversation level" and that of "fluency".

Personally I have seen the phrase "basic conversation level", being thrown around a lot in online forums, and it's pretty vague, as to what you actually need to be doing for that. This puts me in a bind, cause, although my mom wants to learn Spanish, she doesn't want a PhD or something in it. So I really need to know what the 2 phrases actually mean.

TLDR- Does basic conversation level encompass movies, tv shows, talking to a native, etc...

submitted by /u/HarshBoy16
[link] [comments]

from ಸ್ವಾಗತ | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2CznV3n
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments