Question about the 625 common word flashcards

I'm trying to learn Japanese more seriously, and am in the process of reading Fluent Forever, and have started building my Anki flashcards for the 625 common words.

I read a few topics that suggested it's much better to have an actual sentence with your word to give it context, so I've basically been going through the word list but finding an actual sentence with said word rather than a simple one word and one image of the thing.

The trouble is, I've been creating flash cards all day (not solid, but off and on in between a few Youtube videos and eating), but I've created a grand total of 23 flash cards ALL DAY!

I'm trying not to obsess over the creation of the cards - I find the word (sometimes I need to look into the actual correct or most appropriate word to learn), I find a sentence on Takoboto or tangorin, I include the hiragana since I can't read Kanji, then I find a few images relating to the actual sentence, then I record the pronunciation via Google Translate and recording the sound my PC sounds directly into Anki (obvious not as good as a native speaker, but at least gives me an rough idea of how it should sound)

It doesn't feel like it's taking too long, and I'm actually not having too bad a time with it and kind of enjoy it, but 23 cards in a whole day is a little debilitating. At this rate I'm going to go insane before completing all 625.

Is it normal to take this long? Am I overcomplicating it?

submitted by /u/immunance
[link] [comments]

from Croeso | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2F6oJ09
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments