Easy Non-Indo-European language?

Hello, I speak a few Indo-European languages (to a various degree of proficiency), obviously English is among them.

At some point I would like to try to learn at least one Non-Indo-European language, but I do not want it to be too difficult to learn, since I am not that good at language learning.

Mandarin, I heard, has very easy grammar, but its tonal and writing systems make it one of the more difficult languages to learn. So, I am not very keen on going in that direction.

Possible candidates so far are Swahili and Indonesian/Malaysian languages. I heard that these are not so difficult. Maybe even some other Austronesian language, like Fijian?

Of course, learning material has to be fairly easy to obtain - I am not going to try to learn some obscure language with 500 speakers and no way for me to learn it, no matter how easy it is.

Any suggestions? Thank you.

submitted by /u/HS1D4ever
[link] [comments]

from Croeso | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2TDfFdc
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments