Learning Romance Languages on top of Latin?

Salvete / Hi all,

The Background: I'm currently learning Latin as part of my College degree - I'm in my second semester right now, and I have to say I absolutely love it! The thing is, I also used to take French in High School. I dropped off due to a pretty bad teacher, but recently I've really wanted to pick it up again.

The Problem: I'm afraid that my learning Latin will interfere with my learning French, or vice versa. I've heard that this can be a problem when learning languages of a similar family, and considering how French came out of Latin, I see this as a potential source of confusion.

Has anyone had any experience with something like this, with Romance languages or otherwise? How big of a deal is it?

submitted by /u/BMan121212
[link] [comments]

from howaimbawai| Languagelearning http://bit.ly/2EeiMz7
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments