How different is Portuguese and Spanish?

So, as I native Portuguese speaker, I'm able to understand a little of what's being said in Spanish. 1 month ago I was thinking that I was kind of a B1 or something like that without studying. I was thinking that because I've had a lot of contact with the Argentinian Spanish, Peru Spanish, and many others through dota 2 and CS GO for 3 years ( If you play one of those games, you'll be able to understand why I thought that). Yesterday, I was watching one youtube video and there was a man who speaks the SPAIN SPANISH and I wasn't able to understand as much as I would if I was listening to the Spanish that I said above. So, Is that because there are a lot of differences between the Spanish and the "South America" Spanish?

**** I did the basic LINGQ classes in Spanish and I was able to understand everything*******

submitted by /u/armandoz4
[link] [comments]

from howaimbawai| Languagelearning http://bit.ly/2NaldW0
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments