Grammar vs Reading/audio or both based approach. Discussion.

I would like to initiate a new discussion on an old question. I am sure there are countless threads on this however I still want people opinions on here. Back them with fact if you want.

I will start.

I believe a grammar based approach is a surperior way to learn an language when done right.

The Genki series for Japanese learners has proven this. It is a well laid out easy to understand grammar based text that holds the reader's hand the entire way. Of course reading is a major component of learning any languagr and that is where Lingua Latina Per Se Illustrata comes in.

LLPSI is far surperior to the other highly recommend book Wheelock's Latin. Wheelock only teaches you how to be a good translator and is more of a work through reference grammar than anything else. This is an example of a grammar done bad.

Disclaimer: I am not a linguist. I am just speaking from personal experience.

submitted by /u/minion696
[link] [comments]

from howaimbawai| Languagelearning http://bit.ly/2IkPrqC
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments