A tip for irregular conjugations in any language

Something that has helped me with verb conjugations and other irregularities now that I'm learning French is imagining the intuitive (but wrong) conjugation as how a little child would speak. Because now that I think about it, we all passed through that as native speakers of any language, there was a point where we at least once said a word the wrong way and our parents corrected us. For example as a Spanish speaker, when I was 3 or 4 it was really common for children my age to say "no sabo" (from the verb saber) and parents/teachers said "no es no sabo, es no SÉ" so we were like do we really have to say sé? How weird... But yeah later it just became the way we speak, and now we think of sabo as a really childish word. I believe there are many examples in English too like "I goed" or something like that.

So if you think of this words as childish and make them sound childish to your ear, It can give you a better grasp of the conjugation or whatever as it's how it actually is for natives!

submitted by /u/LittleBitSchizo
[link] [comments]

from Merħba| Languagelearning http://bit.ly/2TG7QPX
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments