What's an aspect of a language you used to have difficulty with, but now find much easier?

I started studying Japanese about 2 years ago. If you ask anyone studying Japanese what part about the language annoys them the most, most people will say the kanji (Chinese characters.) I used to NEVER be able to retain kanji, even after taking a few Japanese classes. Eventually I ended up spending a semester in Tokyo studying the language, and since then I've come to realize that I retain kanji at a significantly quicker pace. I've also noticed that my vocab retention has improved quite a bit as well. Just had me wondering what aspects of a language originally had you stumped, but now are pretty good at?

submitted by /u/Frostyterd
[link] [comments]

from ようこそ | Languagelearning http://bit.ly/2Ft6uEZ
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments