Is it a good idea to learn a foreign language trough another foreign language?

Let's say that I speak 2 languages: the first is my native language (not English), the second one is English (CEFR level C2). Now there's a third foreign language that I already understand a little bit. I learned it in the past, but now it's very rusty. There are so many awesome apps to assist language learning, but the best ones are only in English. Is it a good idea to:

  • Rehearse a third foreign language through your "second one"? (e.g. maintaining/improving your skills with Duolingo)
  • Learn a completely new language trough another "second one"? (e.g. taking French classes in an English-speaking school)

I think that my brain will either connect these three language together, scramble everything up or go trough a pretty long translation progress every time I hear something. Any ideas?

submitted by /u/DescX
[link] [comments]

from ようこそ | Languagelearning http://bit.ly/2RvT9lA
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments