If you were me, which language would you choose to learn next?

Hello guys,

I'm 19yo student, doing business degree, from Poland (and living there). This year I am planning to make B2 certificate from German and I want to begin learning a new language. Obviously I know Polish and English as well.I want to learn something outside Germanic group, I am pretty tired with German and it seems a bit tedious to me, thus I want to try myself in different areas.

My main candidates are Russian and Spanish. I really like them both, they appear pretty melodic, although Russian is more mystical and wild for me, what I like, whereas Spanish is simply more positive.

As I'm Slav, Russian would be much easier for me to learn, although the language seems to fade out slowly. I mean its influence in Eastern Europe seems to decrease (albeit I still hear Russian regularly in my city and at university), its significance in business as well and Russia itself suffers from demographical decline. Spanish seems to be useful worldwide, however, provided I would live in my country for further years I wouldn't probably have any bigger use from it.

My three other candidates, that I consider are French, Czech and Mandarin. French due to the fact that I listen to a lot of French music and I like the way it sounds, though, when doing basic courses at Duolingo I've found it quite mundane, compared to the other ones (and also I suspect that it is not such a "must have" - although who knows, with Africa in a future?). Czech, because I was said that the knowledge of such special language can bring a lot of benefits and it is also an interesting one and quite easy for me, as it is also a Western Slavic one (also, from Polish perspective, quite funny at times) and Czech Republic neighbors with my country - I've heard that a lot of jobs, especially that consisting of outsourcing in my country have a quite large demand for such a language. Mandarin, because it is a future and also seems an interesting experience - although I have some problems with a proper tone and pronunciation even in Polish and besides I am dysgraphic, thus it would be hard to write all of those signs properly by hand for me. And besides - I've heard, that it is almost impossible to learn it without strict daily routine, what also repels me.

I mean, I still have some time, until I finish my B2 from German, but I want to have it somehow planned. Which one would you choose? Maybe some new, specific suggestions? I cannot really choose it basing only on my own preferences.

submitted by /u/Deufernu
[link] [comments]

from Merħba| Languagelearning http://bit.ly/2RsyTfz
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments