I made a website that converts raw text into flashcards grouped by difficulty with translations, that can be imported straight to Anki

In my own language learning, I like to study the key vocab of a text before I read through it. That's why I like material specifically aimed at learners which come with vocab lists.

Obviously the vast majority of native (and therefore interesting) material isn't going to come with a nice pre-digested and pre-translated vocab list, so I made a tool that does this for you. Just paste the text you want to study into the text box, and it will pull out the key vocabulary from the text along with their English translations, grouped by how common the word is in the language. You can then edit and select which vocabulary you would like to study, hit the download button and import the vocab straight to Anki complete with translations.

Here's the site: http://vocabin.net/

And here's a demo of me converting a paragraph from wikipedia to Anki flashcards in 1 minute.

--------------------

Right now the project is in early stages so it's a bit fragile, and the "key vocab" selector as well as the word grouper haven't been fine-tuned yet. Please give me your feedback and bugs! Also, I only got £100 worth of google API credits so the site might fall down if it gets a lot of use.

If you like the tool and are a developer then all I ask is for you to check out my repo and give it a star!

Also if you'd like me to add a language, let me know and I'll see what I can do :)

submitted by /u/sebadilla
[link] [comments]

from ようこそ | Languagelearning http://bit.ly/2RPzQDO
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments