Will be studying Chinese and Korean at University, should I study them within the same semester or have a semester dedicated to each language?

Hi, I've been accepted into University beginning in February and I plan on studying both Chinese and Korean. I'm planning my classes right now and was wondering which option would be better. Both languages' courses are split between Spoken and Written, going up in levels (IA, IB, IIA, IIB, etc) and because of electives I only have room for two units per semester.

My two options right now are to either do: (Each block is a semester/half a year)

Option 1.

- Spoken Chinese IA

- Written Chinese IA

- Elective

- Elective

- Spoken Korean IA

- Written Korean IA

- Elective

- Elective

Option 2.

- Spoken Chinese IA

- Spoken Korean IA

- Elective

- Elective

- Written Chinese IA

- Written Korean IA

- Elective

- Elective

The one thing stopping me from choosing option 1 is that I'm worried I will forget too much of the prior language during the semester studying the other language. But will it be too inconvenient for me to choose option 2? Will studying them both at the same time be efficient? Another option could be to study Spoken Chinese IA with Written Korean IA, then vice versa the next semester, or is that even more inefficient?

Thank you if anyone responds to this! :)

submitted by /u/Bedsided
[link] [comments]

from Γειά σας | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2EtUPoD
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments