Anyone have tips for speaking properly?

Hi all. I've been learning German for a very long time, and after a long break away from it, I've rebuilt it to the point not very far away from qualifying for a C1 exam (based on the assessment of several professors). I definitely still have issues with grammar that I'm gradually improving, and I can see the improvements on paper, but I'm still making a ridiculous amount of errors when speaking. It's really disheartening, because I can hear myself saying things out loud that I KNOW are incorrect; I'm mentally correcting myself at the same time.

In my classes we learned based on a solid communicative method, which means I'm dying slowly while trying to rebuild a proper grammar knowledge, but my speaking fluency and accent at this point are great. But is there any help for speaking with proper grammar? I don't want to get to this test and then sound like an idiot even though I can answer the questions. :/

If it's any help (not sure how it would be), I've been assured that I could pass it in several months, but I'm not planning on attempting for about another year, just so I can take the time to read more and expand my general knowledge and vocabulary. The Goethe exam costs a nice chunk of change and I want to have a strong passing grade, not just an OK one.

submitted by /u/LtlGldnBallofAwesome
[link] [comments]

from Γειά σας | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2RZ1x9l
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments