What languages did you choose to learn, and did you stick with them, why or why not?

I've been thinking about my desire to learn, and I've been reading on and off about how to learn languages. I've attempted multiple times to learn different languages and given up each time. Like a lot of people in my country I studied one or two languages middle school through college, yet I cannot speak or write in other languages. I can make out words here and there when I read, and sometimes when people speak.

That doesn't stop my from trying to learn over and over again. I am am uselessly stubborn. I stuck with Spanish many years before a teacher finally got mad enough in college and ranted at me, scaring me. His face was so red. I got frustrated that my friends all studied languages and they could chat in them, write papers, read books. They looked like they were having so much fun and I felt left out and stupid. If I was lucky I could make out a word here or there. Languages and math have always been my nemesis. I have tried over and over and never succeeded, but I can't give up. I wish I could just finally learn them so I stop tormenting myself.

I'm wondering why people choose a language, if they're successful, or if they give up, how do they let it go for good?

I did look over the faq and part of the wiki, I hope these questions are ok. I get in trouble a lot even though I read these things, I always mess something up, things don't process well even though often I try very hard. I have a hard time keeping jobs because of this, I am really trying and don't want to be a jerk.

submitted by /u/wajtog
[link] [comments]

from ansa| Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2CZJ5IZ
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments