Help me finalize a language based on these options and this criteria.

I recently learned dutch and its going quite well. I cannot decide on my next language because there are just too many languages that I am interested in. I give the biggest criteria below.

  1. The language should open a new world of entertainment for me. (Dutch completely failed at this because dutch shows are terrible. No offense meant to anyone).

  2. The language should be widely spoken. This means that I should be able to use this language to communicate in a lot of different countries. (Again dutch did not fall into this category. )

  3. The language should be relatively easy to learn given my current knowledge of languages. I know English, Urdu and Dutch.

  4. (Very Optional) This maybe kind of stupid but as a bonus I should be able to blend in with the people of the country due to my knowledge of the language. Which means I would look and feel like a part of that country due to being fluent in that language.

Based on the first three criteria, I came up with the following possible choices.

  1. Spanish: This is one of the most spoken langauges in the world and it will open up a lot of spanish entertainment. I personally love Spanish movies and tv shows. I have heard that this is one of the easiest languages to learn for english speakers.

  2. German: I have this here because I think this will be easier to learn for me as I already have a vast vocabulary in dutch. I dont know how similar german is to the dutch language and how easy it will be for me to learn german. I have noticed that some words are quite similar. I could even read and understand a few german tweets.

Do you guys have any suggestions based on my criteria? You can suggest a languages that is not in the list.

submitted by /u/acertenay
[link] [comments]

from Γειά σας | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2Kl7WIT
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments