Fun method for learning languages... comic books + translator.

I am making fast progress with German this way. Before I used to focus solely on just learning the grammar. It bored me every time and I gave up after multiple attempts. However, I came to realize the power of repetition and context. Simply finding a comic book I enjoyed and using Google Translate made wonders for me. Repeating the translations of the words, coupled with the images on screen really does wonders. Later I found a better website for translating I switched to, I will link it in the steps. Alright, so here's the method:

Step 1: Find a comic book in the foreign language that looks like you would enjoy reading it. For me it was "Die Chronik der Unsterblichen". If you need a place where to find comic books that are in German send me a pm.

Step 2: Download a comic book reader, I recommend CDisplayEx.

Step 3: Open the comic book, and in your browser open up Google Translate or even better, the translator which I am using now https://www.deepl.com it is ALOT better and can handle context MUCH better.

Just go through the comic book, the point here is not the grammar, but to learn the words through repetition. Anyway, it is really hard at the beginning if you are new learner of the language, but it gets easier and easier the more you progress into the comic book. I am still new with the language, but I am progressing way faster and can actually comprehend and read a lot of sentences now.

Also, I am not sure if this method will work with languages with hard pronunciation rules, but should be the same. Good luck!

submitted by /u/Momchilo
[link] [comments]

from Γειά σας | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2DNdTOo
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments