Been learning Yiddish for around 3 months, is it a good idea to start Hebrew so early?

Even though they're both completely unrelated languages (one is Germanic and the other Semitic), they have both influenced each other throughout the centuries. Yiddish vocab consists of many Hebrew words and concepts and sometimes, even the grammar has some similarities. But I would also like to learn Hebrew cause it would deepen my knowledge about Judaism and the culture of Jews. And maybe visit Israel if I'll ever save up money.

Even though both languages are unrelated but share some common things, I fear that if I would start Hebrew so early, it'd interfere with my Yiddish (for example pronouncing words of Hebrew origin in Yiddish in the Hebrew way and not the Yiddish way) and vice versa.

What do you guys think?

submitted by /u/finsterezwiebel
[link] [comments]

from ansa| Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2Rykxe5
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments