What are activities I can do with my significant other in their native tongue?

Hello, everyone! I’m unsure if this is the correct place to post this but I thought I’d try anyway.

I am currently learning my significant others mother tongue- not because it is necessary to speak with them as they are fluent in my mother tongue (and often prefer it), but because I live in their home country. They are very nice and supportive of me learning it, but I know that attempting to speak with them is a bit tedious (they speak quite fast and are very intelligent where as I am only at a B1 level and a slow speaker), and doing mundane tasks like reading to them often makes them feel more like a tutor than anything else.

However, I would love to incorporate more bilingual or even monolingual (in the target language) activities we can do together. Are there any suggestions on things we can do together to slowly incorporate my learning of the language without it being too taxing for my s/o?To reiterate, we do live in their home country.

TL; DR Living in my significant other’s home country. Looking to find ways to practice the language with them without it feeling like too much of a chore.

submitted by /u/depressioncherie
[link] [comments]

from https://redd.it/9q8rct| Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2R50zHA
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments