Learning From Incorrect Answers

When using many language learning apps, if you get a translation wrong, it simply tells you the correct answer. I would find it HIGHLY beneficial if it also told me the correct translation of what I typed, especially when answering in the foreign language. I will frequently keep google translate in the background for individual words for this exact purpose.

Often I will learn a set of words around the same time, or a few words will sound very similar and I will confuse them. By telling me what the correct answer was, I am able to make a link between my native word and the foreign word, but the wrong answer word is left sort of dangling in my brain, and so this usually just ends up reinforcing the incorrect answer. By providing the correct translation of my wrong answer, I am able to connect that to something, meaning it also helps me learn the word that the question was about in the first place.

If any of you know of any apps that already do this let me know. If you are currently developing a language learning app, please highly consider this. This is especially important if the incorrect word given is also a word that I'm learning through that app at the time.

Does anyone else have similar experiences / advice?

submitted by /u/musicianengineer
[link] [comments]

from qosh keldińiz| Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2Ox4uQK
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments