I am looking for an in-depth book on English tenses.

I am studying applied linguistics and I happen to know English fairly well, nevertheless the grammar is tragically oblivious to me. The subject on the practical usage of the grammar & tenses is agonizing for me, as the whole class seems to know it well, whereas I have a problem with even naming specific tenses (e.g. I have no idea what Past Perfect is, but I am able to use it, I suppose). The big test is awaiting me at the end of the semester, so I am looking for a book that could help me sharpen it. Improtant aspect is, the class is on a high level, and the structure of tenses is not discussed, just the usage of them in very specific and narrow situations.

submitted by /u/KURTROLSON
[link] [comments]

from qosh keldińiz| Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2CsNEeJ
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments