Government sponsored Mandarin program(s)? Anything similar for other languages?

Hey! So in my free time I've been trying to study Mandarin for at least an hour a day, but am finding it hard to keep up due to lack of media and human interaction to keep things going. I'm visually impaired, so oddly enough I have a much easier time picking up the tones after a while than remembering each character (although i am well aware of how important this is).

Something I heard about when I just started college was a program where you could go to China (or also Taiwan?) and learn Mandarin. Get some kind of stipend and take tests that would certify your fluency. Does a program like this exist? If anyone has gone into this program, what was your experience like? Are there any similar programs for other languages?

submitted by /u/Getting0nTrack
[link] [comments]

from qosh keldińiz| Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2yIig8y
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments