can i get some strategy advice for native pole learning russian? my plan is to just read and put new words + definitions into anki, nothing more than that

i taught myself cyrrilic recently and i can type at about 50 wpm in cyrrilic when i convert my keyboard, so now my plan is to go on russian news sites + forums for immersion (no note taking for new words because theres too much slang and informality to wade through online). and to learn, i have a few russian books and i'm thinking whether it's a good plan to just keep adding new words+defs in russian to anki as i go along.

this is what i came up with as the most logical strategy. if anyone can change my mind and add to it or take it apart, that would be great, but i don't know too much about language learning mechanisms and am getting overloaded with info reading about how crazy people make their decks and how much time they put into it. i read the anki wiki, and memrise+duolingo weren't really 'doing it' for me so i got the mobile version of anki + anki desktop and read the manual, and it feels great, but i can't help but feel that i'm not doing it correctly because my cards are so simple.

i'm fluent in polish and speak it every day and understand large portions of russian and ukrainian, just not on a super granular level, with my reading and writing being almost non existant. i can sort of speak it to my russian friends if it's fairly basic but i want to be able to read and write fluently in it, the speaking i'm not concerned about at all because when i do speak it i'm aware of how i sound and many russians said i sound native.

thanks.

submitted by /u/fingoth
[link] [comments]

from qosh keldińiz| Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2PCpTo5
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments