A funny small story about languages and young me which people here might appreciate.

Back in the early 90s one thing I can remember is those instruction manuals which were about an inch thick and which came with virtually everything. Half the reason they were so big was that they usually had the same instructions in multiple languages.

Now at least according to my mother, I was in my element when I could sit down somewhere and basically just flick through these manuals and try and work out the languages. Among other things I often tried to write them out or work out what words meant in English to translate things.

In a feat of pure coincidence, I had a preference for two languages in particular- Russian and Croatian, the two languages I'm currently trying (and more than likely failing) to learn. I wasn't even old enough at the time I did this to know anything about linguistics.

I feel like a nerd now. :(

submitted by /u/ESLTeacher2112
[link] [comments]

from qosh keldińiz| Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2CmxhQX
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments