Upper Intermediate or Advanced?

So, I have a bit of a dilemma. At my university evening language classes are offered, and I've decided to take a German class. I only have one year left of my degree and really want to make the most of this as I may need German for my career.

The problem is that while the advanced class is catered to those who want to use German professionally, I'm not sure that I am at a level yet where I could keep up. However, reading through some of the upper intermediate materials, I am having no trouble. Obviously speaking and writing is much more difficult than reading and I often find my vocabulary isn't quite big enough to navigate unfamiliar topics.

I guess my question boils down to this: is it better to jump into a class that I may struggle with (in speaking especially), or should I do the course that I know I could do?

submitted by /u/confusingpatterns
[link] [comments]

from Survey | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2MCFa5Y
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments