Is it normal for your target language to sound really quiet?

So I am probably somewhere in the A2-B1 area and I really have difficulty with listening, especially when there is background noise. I can do alright on youtube videos where it is just one person talking in a controlled environment but if there is music in the background, or an echo, or other ambient noises, it's like the person's voice just blends in with all the other noises.

For example, watching Narcos the spanish parts sound a lot quieter to me. Or even listening to an audiobook, I feel like I have to turn it way up in order to "hear" it. I know it is probably just because my brain doesn't recognize the sounds as language yet, but I am just curious if other people have this experience and if you have any tips for overcoming it.

submitted by /u/c_more_glass
[link] [comments]

from Yá'át'ééh | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2xLwRjF
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments