I'm looking for a kind of beginner Russian novel to read.

I'm able to speak and understand Russian fluently from my parents, but I've never been able to attain the same level of fluency as I have with English concerning reading. I understand the letters and their sounds, but it takes me a while to sound it out and match it to a word, opposed to my instant ability to recognize English words.

For reference, I've tried both russian beginner books (which I found too easy and short and unentertaining) as well as russian classics from centuries ago that my mother suggested, except I had extreme difficulty reading them.

Any suggestions are really helpful :D

submitted by /u/LezBianestHere
[link] [comments]

from Survey | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2D0FOe1
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments