How do I get a "native" language back

I was raised as a bilingual in Polish and English and I could speak both at a comparable level up until the age of 6 when I started going to school and pretty much exclusively spoke English. I then stopped speaking to mum in Polish and my Polish stopped improving/declined. I now would like to get back to speaking Polish at a good level. However when I tried duolingo it was painfully easy, but when I look at a proper grammar book all the cases and complicated grammar it's far too confusing. I can understand most things said to me about basic things and can give a more limited response however when I watch something like the news many thing just go over my head.

TLDR: How do I stop speaking Polish like a 6 year old.

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/SeabirdSky
[link] [comments]

from Yá'át'ééh | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2Qjgd1H
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments