Has anyone here gone HARDCORE into language learning with Clozemaster yet?

Has anyone here gone HARDCORE into language learning with Clozemaster yet?

Is there a language that you have been learning in Clozemaster 24 hours / 7 days of the week with incredible results in a very short amount of time (say two weeks) ? If so, how was your experience ?

Generally I find these kind of apps really annoying with boring af (I'm looking at you Duolingo). I hate dumb, senseless, discouraging repetition, but Clozemaster seems to be a major exception so far. This is how it went for me on my first day :

I've just discovered Clozemaster two days ago and I've been doing some Italian and Spanish. I've learned a FUCKTON of stuff yesterday that I never thought was achievable on just one day, perhaps the fact that I'm a native French speaker (C2) helped but still, that got me all pumped up to continue.

Got over grammar and conjugation stuff I've been stuggling with in Spanish and Italian in just a few hours while listening to music. As time went by I started to answer in a much more instinctive and spontaneous way and got the hang out of some tricky rules fairly quickly.

Aside from that I went to read a lot of wikipedia articles and forum posts in Spanish and Italian the same day, while listening to some podcasts I could almost fully understand (especially those in Italian, which is just an easier dialect of French, really lol). My reading and listening skills got to a whole new level.

My progress with germanic languages was kinda instructive too but much, much slower though, but constant repitition of words in different phrases and context helped a lot. I'm thinking about doing Portuguese and Esperanto after these two.

You get it now, I'm loving the shit out of this app. There's so much potential to it and it offers you frequency words and thematic articles in a brilliant yet appropriate way.

I wanted to see how it went for other people so I went to check the leaderboard, and oh boy... [check the image linked to this post]. The scores are truly impressive.

119.215 senteces mastered, damn...

https://i.redd.it/j71l1rfl4xj11.png

QUESTION IS :

I'm asking those hardcore learners who always manage to get atop the leaderboard in Clozemaster : how considerably have you progressed in your language learning journey? How much time did it take you?

I believe monolingual English natives can binge-learn Dutch or Swedish to a B1 level in a pretty short amount of time (2 months, perhaps?), considering the proximity of these languages to English.

But I'm still very eager to know whether other people experienced that "accelerated learning" thing with Clozemaster.

You know, at least just for the sake some good motivation boost readings.

submitted by /u/-Yandjin-
[link] [comments]


from Nok aba ɗaw | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2LQPhE3
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments