Anyone here gets oddly interested in learning certain language for no reason?

Like, being really eager to learn Old Church Slavonic while being an Asian agnostic who knows almost nothing about the Orthodox Christianity, though interested in it. This is my case.

Of course there are reasons, but the reasons are very... trivial. I'm currently interested in learning Old Church Slavonic mainly because I like the 'feels' of old cyrillic script. I'm already learning Russian though so I can't say there's no connection at all, but still. Maybe I want to feel 'unique' and 'smart' by learning unfamous or ancient languages... lol, is this a symptom of an odd kind of academical pretentiousness, or just language enthusiasm?

submitted by /u/Spasenie
[link] [comments]

from Yá'át'ééh | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2y0TeAZ
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments