What resources do you recommend to help me learn German?

Native English speaker who has taken 6 years of Italian in school. I am stopping this year and I want to try learning a new language. Based on some of the most lucrative languages (according to the internet) and the fact that I am friends with a native speaking German family, I have decided to attempt to learn German.

I want to challenge myself, (and I don't want any commitments) so I won't be getting a tutor.

I guess I am going to start by learning the most common verbs in the present tense, articles and language mechanics. I will try to throw in some vocabulary and other common words.

My main issue will be learning sentence structure and exceptions without a tutor. I also don't know how learning German will compare to learning Italian.

Any resources to help me in general would be great. (Free online kids books, movies, apps, websites, etc.)

I probably won't stick with it because I'm a lazy teenager but if I do it could be really cool.

tl;dr: Need resources to teach me German without a tutor.

submitted by /u/Nick-Taco
[link] [comments]

from sewayo | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2MvEMul
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments