Seeking advice on this situation

This may not be the proper place to ask, but it’s the most fitting I could think of given the specifics.

So I was out at a Middle Eastern restaurant in my city a few weeks back. The place is run by Lebanese immigrants who speak Arabic, and are extremely kind people. One of the times I was there, a few guys walked in and asked one of the employees (probably in his early 20’s) a question in Arabic. He responded and said “sorry guys, I don’t speak Arabic. I speak Farsi”.

Which immediately intrigued me since I’ve always been really interested in Farsi and have been studying it in my free time for a few months now. I’m not very good at it at all, but I really wanted to say something to him in Farsi. But obviously, I wasn’t a part of the conversation he had with those people, and I’m just afraid it would come off as rude somehow.

I know that being of middle eastern descent in the US is probably not a wonderful experience, and I would hate for that to come off as being rude or prejudiced somehow.

I hoped that someone here might have some advice for me in this situation. Thank you!

submitted by /u/rageagainstthehobbit
[link] [comments]

from кирип моорлаңар | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2LsulYy
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments