[Request] Apache: Help finding downloadable dictionary written in Apache language

TL;DR: ISO downloadable text file of Apache language dictionary

Hello, I'm working with the White Mountain Apache Tribe in Whiteriver, AZ. This week, an Apache medicine man asked if I could help him find a digital file (PDF, docx, Kindle, etc) of an Apache dictionary to assist him in his full-time translation work.

I have found some online resources, but these are unreliable to us due to lack of reliable internet on the reservation. Furthermore, his arthritis makes it difficult for him to type, so we need something he can copy/paste from.

If you know of a resource, or if you know of a publisher I could contact, it would be helpful in translating vital resources for the White Mountain Apache.

I'm also reaching out to /r/linguistics, based on a mod suggestion. At this point, I've exhausted my limited field of contacts, so I would appreciate any references.

Related: I'm also in search of an English-to-Apache translator with a background in behavioral health.

Thanks for this community and for allowing me to post this request.

submitted by /u/_Agent_
[link] [comments]

from Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2uSfyeu
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments