I started a company 2 weeks ago with a guy in Beijing. It has changed my life.

For the last six years I have been a faithful watcher/listener of Laoshu505000 on YouTube, and I wasn't really into Chinese as much as the funny reactions he got from speaking every language.

So, I have been a watcher for many years, but never actually SPOKE to anyone in Chinese, but because of the repetition and the amount of times I spent rewatching every video over and over, I seem to have picked up several dialects of Chinese!

My boss, in China, he only speaks Mandarin! I was sure he would have a few other local languages to share too, but that was it. I am going to sneak Cantonese, Taiwanese and Shanghai hua into our conversations and see if he just replies naturally, or he looks at me funny. I can't wait, cause I'm from Texas, and we're not supposed to be good at this.

And /r/Languagelearning was the place that got me started learning to really read/write, and getting me into movies and other things. Just had to say thanks, cause I've made more money in two weeks than I have in the last ten years thanks to a bit of Mandarin! (嗯,这比我想象的要好!)

Even better, the boss has started calling me, "Chosen Bacon."

submitted by /u/iheartbaconsalt
[link] [comments]

from Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2JC5WKc
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments