How do you enunciate ka vs kha etc? (Hindi) (Phonetics)

Hello,

I'm trying to learn Kannada and a lot of the alphabet has variations between {x}a and {x}ha. However I can't seem to get myself to pronounce it correctly. I posted as Hindi because they have the same variation between a and ha in their alphabet.

I'm in-between the two enunciations. My ka sounds like kha with a soft h, and my kha sounds like k..ha with a hard h because I can't enunciate k and hard h immediately following.

I guess this is because i'm a native English speaker and don't differentiate between the two so i've always used a soft h when speaking. How do you enunciate between the two? Is there something I can practice to get better? A certain technique when speaking?

Any help would be great, Thanks

submitted by /u/foxbase
[link] [comments]

from Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2Lr8U9n
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments