Finished duolingo's French, now what?

I took French in high school for a year and picked it up ridiculously quickly, placed into really high level university French classes, could watch TV, read normal books, etc. and decided to learn a new language instead.

Fast forward a decade and I've lost most of my French. I had a trip coming up so I hopped on to DuoLingo for a refresher to help with getting around in French. Kept up with it, finished he course, now what?

I want to keep going and get my French back, but I'm not ready to pay for a course yet. I picked up a library ebook in French (Harry Potter, limited selection) and don't know every word but am getting through it pretty well. The software "define" feature apparently only works in English so it's harder to look up words I don't know, but I've gotten a few.

But it doesn't feel like I'm learning. What should my next steps be? My out if this world goal would be fluent enough to qualify as bilingual at work. My more reachable goal is to be able to read some Emile Zola novels in the original French.

submitted by /u/howstonstreet
[link] [comments]

from Cześć | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2OrjITH
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments