Should I study a 3rd language in my native or second language?

I started learning Spanish 14 months ago and I'm at a C1 level, on my way to C2 within 4-6 months. I learned a lot of french in elementary school but since then not much. I was always able to carry out basic to intermediate level-complexity conversations but that's it... whereas I can read it quite well and understand it OK if not spoken fast. However, as soon as I started learning Spanish (literally within 1 weeks) I was basically no longer able to speak French because I would just keep mixing it up with Spanish.

I decided I would wait until I had Spanish pretty ingrained before venturing back to French. Now that I've reached that point, I'm going to start of with some French Duolingo and I'm wondering if any of you have opinions regarding whether it would be more beneficial/effective to do this in English or in Spanish.

Thoughts?

submitted by /u/AccomplishedButton
[link] [comments]

from வணக்கம் | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2LRrCVi
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments